A while back I was charged with the love and care of several little ones every Sunday while their parents attended various classes. I absolutely adore my littles and, as you guys probably already know, I love figuring out little projects for them to take home, especially during holidays. So, For Valentine’s Day I decided to put together little popsicle stick frames they could decorate with stickers. I mean honestly, what toddler doesn’t love stickers?! I must say, it was a smashing hit. Not only were they covered in sweet valentine stickers, but so were their frames. Plus clean up was a snap, which is always a major bonus when dealing with toddlers.
Even my six year old enjoyed making one, or four. Now my fridge is super festive with their latest creations and I love it. Who says crafts have to be complicated? Bring on the simple!
Let me show you how I set things up.
- Large Popsicle sticks
- Glue (hot glue, Elmer’s glue, any glue will do… Ha! That totally rhymes.)
- Magnet strips (you can find these at Michael’s or any craft store)
- Valentines Stickers
- Glitter glue pens (optional). You can also use Sharpies.
- Assemble your frame by gluing the popsicle sticks into a square with two popsicle sticks on top and bottom
- Depending on what magnetic strips you bought, it may already have an adhesive backing. If so, peel and stick the magnet to the back. Or glue it.
- Write l-o-v-e on the bottom corner with either a glitter pen or sharpie. However, usually I gotta have a little glitter.
- Let littles go to town with stickers!
I mean honestly, does it get any easier? A little prep work gluing the popsicle sticks is all you need. Also, these would make a fun non candy Valentine if you feel the urge to glue…a lot. Plus, now you have fridge art. If you’re anything like me, my fridge is super full of astounding works of art already, but hey, now they’re framed!
If you want another great idea for a simple valentine, try these Melted Heart Crayon Valentines. They come with a free printable, because I love you.