Well you guys, Valentines day is just a week away! I thought I’d show you what we decided to do for Alisynne’s class this year, crayon heart valentines! These darling hearts turned out even better than I’d expected, and talk about easy. I had all three kiddos involved in this project and they loved it. Emma came bounding down the stairs the very next morning after making these wanting to do another batch! Melted crayon heart valentines are an excellent option for those of you who need to find a non candy valentine. Added bonus – you can get rid of that giant box of broken crayons you’ve got stashed in the closet.
Of course, I couldn’t just stop at the crayons. I had to make a darling printable to go along with it, cause you know, I’m me. Make sure you download it too and have your child (ok, it’ll probably be you) put together some charming valentines.
I cannot stress how easy this is to do. Let’s get right into it.
- Silicon Heart Mold
- Clear Bags (I bought and used the transparent archival bags that are 3inX4in from Michaels in the party section)
- Double Sided Sticky Tape
- Peel and break apart a bunch of crayons
- Fill Mold
- Bake 350 degrees for 10-12 mins
- Cool and pop out of mold
- Put in Baggies and adhere printable with double sided tape on the inside of each flap
TA DA! Come on, how cute did these turn out?! So Cute!
- If you find your crayon wrappers are ridiculously hard to get off, simply cut down the middle with a box cutter or exacto knife. Voila, easy peeling!
- After you pop out your crayons you may find that some of the wax is still stuck to your silicon mold. Just pop it back into the oven and bake for 2 minutes and wipe with a paper towel while still warm. Super fast cleanup.